So I’m jumping on the blog-bandwagon. I figured that for the next year while I’m out of the country in Bangladesh, instead of bothering people with a flood of impersonal mass emails, I would post it all in a one of these hip and trendy blog thingies, so that those interested could read about my life as they pleased. I have an affinity towards digression and half of what I write will probably be more like journal entries for myself to reread one day than anything else... but enjoy...

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

The Taj revisited...

The order of these pics are probably a bit screwy, but you'll get the point... It was back to India! My parents went home and Zaki and I headed to Delhi, where we met Arjun. I had always dreamed of doing Nepal with these two, Nepal wasn't doing so hot, so alas...



Mmmmmm...boneless minced mutton balls...


Da boyz... don't mess...


In Jaipur there happened to be a Rajasthan Cultural Festival, so there were dance and art shows all over the city. One night, we went to the stunning Amber Fort (I think that's what it was) that overlooks the city. There was an amazing dance inside the fort, and afterwords and wonderful fireworks display...




Old man, young boy




The colors of the saris are stunning


Now we're iside the pink city... I like the shadows on this one





Ahhh... back to the good ol' Taj... I know...


Back to the Pink City


Look at that wacky zoom in on the bowl... trippy man...


Ah... birds at the Jama Masjid Mosque in Old Delhi


Back to the Taj... I love the colors...


Thank you Picasa...


A bed for three poor backpackers...


Nothing says I'm badass like a barbie backpack...


Camel toe


Zoom in on this pic and you see there's tons of inlaid semi-precious stones sewed into the quilt...


My brother



Lovely silk






OK, things are out of order... back to the fireworks...



If you never heard of him check out, Akbar the Great; the man, I tell you. There aren't that many "Greats" in the world, and he's one of them... Lived here at Agra Fort for a while. I'm probably screwing up my hisory, but I think to make peace with everyone he had a Muslim wife, Hindu wife, and Christian wife... and I might be screwing this up too, but below is evidence all three forms of religious architecture in one building, Islam to the right, Hindu to the left, and the Christian dome... the man, I tell you... I'm thinkin I might name my first born Akbar...



High School traditional Indian dance/music competition




Overlooking Old Delhi from the Jama Masjid






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home