So I’m jumping on the blog-bandwagon. I figured that for the next year while I’m out of the country in Bangladesh, instead of bothering people with a flood of impersonal mass emails, I would post it all in a one of these hip and trendy blog thingies, so that those interested could read about my life as they pleased. I have an affinity towards digression and half of what I write will probably be more like journal entries for myself to reread one day than anything else... but enjoy...

Monday, November 14, 2005

Down by the river

After we got back from Sreemongal, we went down to Old Dhaka for a day. As it turned out, it happened to be Kali Puja, another big Hindu holiday, where colorful statues are taken down to the Buriganga River and submerged.

Hindu Street, Old Dhaka

March through the Streets

Submerging the Statues

A must in Old Dhaka is jumping on a boat and just watching the world go by...

On the River

Old Dhaka at Sunset

Eid ul-Fitr, or more commonly called Eid, is the biggest Muslim Holiday of the year. It's the breaking of the fast after Ramadan. Ummm... It's like Christmas... family and friends visit one another, presents given, endless eating for a few days. Sons are supposed to buy their mothers new saris. My good buddy Arif, from BUET, kindly invited us to his home for Eid dinner.

Eid Dinner

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home