So I’m jumping on the blog-bandwagon. I figured that for the next year while I’m out of the country in Bangladesh, instead of bothering people with a flood of impersonal mass emails, I would post it all in a one of these hip and trendy blog thingies, so that those interested could read about my life as they pleased. I have an affinity towards digression and half of what I write will probably be more like journal entries for myself to reread one day than anything else... but enjoy...

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Eid Mubarak

!!!WARNING!!!

This page contains graphic content...

On this second Eid, everyone who can afford it sacrifices a cow or goat. (If you are wealthy and want to show off, you import camels from the middle east and sacrifice those). You give 1/3 to the poor, 1/3 to family, and keep 1/3 yourself. It is a huge ordeal, and you see slaughtering EVERYWHERE... never seen anything like it. Had been warned about how gruesome it gets... But definitely an interesting cultural experience.

...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...




































1 Comments:

Blogger Edward Ott said...

people who cannot view the slaughter of an animal should not be allowed to buy or eat meat.

Salam

2/15/2006 9:42 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home