So I’m jumping on the blog-bandwagon. I figured that for the next year while I’m out of the country in Bangladesh, instead of bothering people with a flood of impersonal mass emails, I would post it all in a one of these hip and trendy blog thingies, so that those interested could read about my life as they pleased. I have an affinity towards digression and half of what I write will probably be more like journal entries for myself to reread one day than anything else... but enjoy...

Thursday, September 08, 2005

Denmark

Spent the first night in Denmark at my Aunt Gitte and Uncle Viggo’s place. Got up the next morning for our adventure to the summerhouse on the north coast. Denmark being so small a summerhouse is about an hour away of course – other side of the country. My cousin Nicolai's girlfriend is Rikke and her parents have this wonderful little cottage in the woods that she had been going to most of her life. Took a walk down the ocean and took a nice brisk dip.

The Beach + The Haribo

Watched some soccer on TV that night and dusted a couple of bottles of red wine with the mother, aunt, and uncle. Nicoloai and Rikke came up for dinner and I met their baby, Jonathan… some have said that he looks like Izzat, my older brother, because he is a fellow mutt, half Danish, half Indian (I know… all us brown folk look the same). It’s funny, there are these certain ages when babies can do no wrong. No matter what they do, it’s cute. If they fall down, it adorable, if they drool spinach onto their shoes its worth a whole role of pictures… the time in our life of most freedom, most free will, we don’t even remember…

Nicolai and Jonathan

Jonathan and me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home