So I’m jumping on the blog-bandwagon. I figured that for the next year while I’m out of the country in Bangladesh, instead of bothering people with a flood of impersonal mass emails, I would post it all in a one of these hip and trendy blog thingies, so that those interested could read about my life as they pleased. I have an affinity towards digression and half of what I write will probably be more like journal entries for myself to reread one day than anything else... but enjoy...

Monday, September 05, 2005

Kickin' it with da London Cuzins

Sunday was walking tour no. two, this time with pops and Iqbal Maama. Took our time walking past the Thames to the Shakespeare Globe theatre.

Kids playing pirate in front of pirate ship

Father enamored by a guy on the street selling birds callers

Then met up with Debbie Wissel and threw down a couple cold ones. She and Zaki actually work together in Manhattan for a company called Innovest, and she is working at the London office for a few months.

Debbie and I walked along the river toward the Tower Bridge, past a cool outdoor photo exhibit, called something like Photos of Earth or something. Gorgeous aerial photos from around the globe.

Debbie and me

Tower Bridge

Photo of a French neud beach (from Photos of Earth exhibit)

I had dinner plans with cousins Amaara, Tariq, and Flora at 6:30ish (Dinazarde... I'm sorry we never met up), so took the tube (MIND THE GAP!!!) to Trafulgar square and met up with them.

The Cuzins

Went to a funky café in some some real hip part of town and drank lemongrass tea. Ate at great Japanese noodle place called Wagamamma’s. Played a mean game of the Chopstick Game:


Crashed at Tariq’s place that night. Cute little flat in South Kensington.

Look who's peeking...

Flora and Tariq are both artists. Flora is a constume designer and has designed costume for both theatre and film. Tariq draws amazing marvel-comic type realistic art… he is the concept artist for a new sci-fi channel show called Harvest. He also is the original artist for all the characters for a computer game called Fallout: Tactics. His role, I think, is to take the vision of the writers and draw all the characters. Then if the right characters have been created, he hands off his 2-D work to the 3-D computer guys who connect dots to make it a living moving animation. If the show Harvest takes off this fall he’ll be heading to Hollywood. Check out his amazing stuff at www.tariqart.com... Ummm… must be 18 years or older to enter!

Tariq's Art

The next day we were off… father flew to Sri Lanka, mother and I to denmark…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home